Design a site for a small business
Your second project is to design a site for a small business. We have broken down, analyzed, and worked on something similar in class. These are the requirements:
- Yes it must be a real business that exists now.
- You may redesign a site or create a site from scratch if the business does not have one
- Businesses shouldn't
- You must take into account everything we have learned so far.
- You must use the normalize.css from the boilerplate we created
- You must use a font from Google Fonts in your design that is appropriate for the business and matches its brand
- Your CSS should be in its own separate CSS file.
- Make your resume fluid to scale and look good on devices of all sizes
- This site may have multiple pages but it shouldn't be too large for the scope of this project
- The site should include a similar navigation structur on each page
- Include the logo of the business
Other things to consider:
- Search Engine and Social Media Optimization
- Make sure the site serves the businesses purpose and goals
- Take into account the business owner as well as the user's perspectives
Potential for bonus points:
- Going above and beyond the previously stated requirements
The following will reflect on your grade poorly:
- Not putting any thought or time into this project
- Using table based layouts
- Using deprecated HTML such as <font>, <center>
- Using styles inline. don't do this:
- Grammatical errors
- Not posting the site to the correct URL
- Not following the previously stated instructions
The link to your resume must be emailed to me. It is due by April 1st at 6:30pm. It should be located at http://yourdomainname.com/class/small-business/index.html
Have Questions or Need Help?
We will dedicate a portion of class time to work on this project where I will walk around and help each of you out. Outside of class, please call, email, or text me and I will help you out.